Thursday 26 September 2013

Shouldn't we all be a 'black knight'.


I am a resilient man, I didn't survive nearly 40 years of hardship not being resilient, but even I have my moments akin to a persons sugar levels crashing, sometimes, too often lately, my optimism level crashes and it feels like the world is falling in on me.
 
My preferred tonic for that at moment is to blast some music that I really enjoy loud, through my earphones until my mood lifts, but I did wonder, could I not be more like the 'Black Knight' and challenge my perceptions much more vigorously?
 
(for those younger readers who don't know what I'm on about, please watch this clip)
 
Seriously, what can we not learn from the Black Knight? We lose our job, "Tis but a scratch", we lose our home because we can't pay the mortgage, "I've had worse", Arguments with whoever, "Come on you pansy", You go through divorce, "Oh! Had enough have we? Come back and take what's coming to you, you yellow bastard! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!"
 
As Ed Miliband and co. can tell you, it's all about the spin doctoring and turning negatives in to positives. We should all aspire to be more like Monty Python's 'Black Knight' and if you need a reminder to cheer yourself up, always look on the bright side of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment